V-Day 2011









I am praying that the dark cloud of illness will cross this little desert home very soon.  It all started on Friday morning at a quarter till six when Lucas was down and out with the fever, chills, nausea, sneezing, coughing, and everything that goes with it.  Minus the throw up, thank God!  This cold has made its way to every family member and continues to remind me to be grateful for good health.  We had a jam packed weekend and not one event took place.  We missed two birthday parties, church (it was my weekend to lead my table of 2nd graders), and an ever anticipated date night that had group childcare provided on Friday evening.  I had been planning all things red for our evening out.  But a 102 fever put a STOP to it and I could not with integrity expose my kid to another without some serious guilt.  I tried to reason that maybe he will be better by four and we could still go out.  This did not happen; so I sadly put my bottom lip out and rented movies instead.  By Saturday night it had spread from Lucas to me and then Brad.  I had to make the dreaded sick call on Sunday to my boss.  Little Reef then got it too!  Last night I was up playing the sick nurse giving the proper medications to the proper patients.   I like to think we are on the mend today or maybe that is just the Tylenol typing. 


 On a positive note I would like to wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day and recommend the movie Gifted Hands the Ben Carson story.  Brad and I read the book and thought the movie was just as inspiring.  

XOXO


p.s.

I am looking forward to the sun shining, heat that warms me to the bone, and flip flop days.

pool floats, swim suits and trunks, big towels, fun in the sun, cold drinks, a great tan, big hats, snorkels, laughing, playing, and hanging with friends, grilling out, come on summer please just get here and stay


Comments

  1. oh i am so sorry. it is bad enough being sick, but to have to miss out on special plans makes it 10x's as hard. Reef is so cute! i love the Ben Carson story. i saw him being interviewed yesterday. i am excited about seeing his movie. he is so inspiring! we love you. wish i could help out and make you soup! :(
    love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that picture of Reef. Awww! Hope you guys are feeling better soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I read the book a while ago but had no idea there was a movie. I'm going to have to see that with the chief. Hope yoursare feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts