Friday Night Lights

I was so motivated by anneoverbeek.blogspot.com and her ability to transform with paint that I just had to get going.  So in October I began priming and painting our master bathroom, which led to the entire place.  I had Brad take off the ugly gold fixtures and he replaced them with brushed oil.  It was such a transformation that the carpet had to go!  It was originally a plush white that had turned African safari and looked like a brown giraffe with a lot of spots.  Brad took to removing the kitchen tile and the red dust settled for days.  I have never seen anything quite like it.
In error the wrong tile was laid and when I came home all I could say was "oh no this isn't right".  It was corrected and in the end we are very happy with our new look.  No more Bissell and harsh chemicals needed to clean up the stain... when a spill occurs it is easily wiped up.  However, if you have ever lived through a remodel you know that one change leads to another...  So by Friday night the kitchen lights were completed and I am thrilled.  They are so much better than the can lighting we had before.  I was down to only two lights and now all three work.  They look fabulous and did I mention they are on a dimmer switch.  The nest is looking so much better after a little fluffing here and there.
The kitchen floor when we began was solid white 12 x 12 tiles with a dirty gray grout.  It was worn, chipped, and showed a lot of imperfections.
The demolition process done by my man took about eight hours and had the neighbors stopping in to offer their thoughts.  One of the men told Brad it did his heart good to see him work so hard and then he brought him a beer.  Others came by to ask how we could stand to live like this... like I said it was no quick process...  check out those guns!





This is the tile we ended up with and I simply love it!  It is called Oxide Black and was a big change, but after living on the concrete forever I knew I could go dark.  It has chocolate brown in it and we chose a dark brown grout to pull the color.  The tile is 20 x 20 and it is kind of swirly looking. 


The lights have a dimmer switch as I said and were only $19.98 a piece from Lowes.  I am enjoying them and all the light they produce.  It's much better light when retrieving items from the pantry...
you can see the door handle isn't gold and we still need to finish putting up the base boards.
  

But for now I will kick up my feet, cook, and laugh with my boys!

Comments

  1. Kelly- Your transformation is beautifuland how lovely that your man is so hands on in the transformation...you can look with admiration every time you see your kitchen and admire him for what he has done for you and your family. Thanks for letting me know I was part of the catalyst for the inspiration for change. How fun is that!! Blessings to you in all life's moments :)

    Anne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts