Happy Valentine's Day!

I will take my happy thoughts and direct them towards a man who will be just one of my Valentine's today.  This man has loved over the years in the best way he could.  He is a loyal man, he is a man who has provided well for his family, and he instilled a work ethic that is way beyond this generation.  His sense of thrift has taught me to thrive on my own.  His quirky stories, sense of humor, and deep love of family history have all contributed to who I am today.
Perhaps though when he accepted the Lord at the age of 21 while serving his country, that is what would mold me the most.  While no one is perfect and I find this true this morning too!  I am reminded of God's immeasurable love, faithfulness, and forgiveness of all my imperfections.  I am grateful to my father who very human in many ways has loved me so much.  I am thankful today for this Valentine!


Comments

Popular Posts