Thanksgiving in February

The weekend is history.  I won't complain though since I am grateful to have a job given the economic plight that so many are in.  Working in the medical field has really made me thankful for my health, because disease knows no boundaries and attacks like a thief in the night.  Whomever coined the phrase "when you have your health you have everything" knew what they were talking about.  Just today a coworker told me of her relative Olive.  She is a four year old who recently suffered a stroke and the doctors have now identified a brain tumor.  It is located right in the center of her brain.  Can you even imagine what painful news to hear.  Please pray for this precious life she could use it.  And may I/we be reminded not to take advantage of our health.
So I will give thanks for my health and for our family day trip to Saguaro Lake and let me tell you that it was 72 degrees here!  Crazy I know coming from the Pacific Northwest!  This is how I can bear living so far from all of the people I love.
I have to tell you though boys can be hard to photograph especially when there is mud involved.

Lucas was having a blast and he came prepared with swim trunks... too cold for me.

Reef on the other hand... not so much, but we improvised.

So he had to take off his pants
and play in the water.

They did find a clam shell of some sort and it was teeny tiny itty bitty.  Over all we had a really fun time.


Comments

Popular Posts