Lighting up!


 
Good morning!  It is a new week and normally I would be at the hospital today, but my babysitter called out last night saying she was ill.  Thank goodness I have a flexible boss who let me clock in and work for 4.5 hours.  I got home way past my bedtime and this morning came too soon, but nothing a cup of the bean can't smooth over.  I don't know if anyone else struggles with being a Christian in the year 2010, but I sure do.  I don't want to lose touch with reality and become this totally weird person, but... I feel like I shouldn't keep my faith in my coat pocket in the back of my closet.  It is a struggle to live in the world, but not be of the world.  How are we supposed to behave?  Is it okay to drink wine or beer?  What if I slip up and say a swear word.  The list goes on and on... ugh... I am just so glad I'm not living in the Old Testament days or I would have been stoned to death a long time ago.  
So all of this to say we had a really encouraging sermon yesterday and we are studying the book of Daniel.   In chapter 5 we learned about what happens when you ignore God for to long... He won't have it!  It really spoke to me about how we are living in a anti-God culture (filled with "open mindedness" and "tolerance"), but we are called to live righteously and stand up boldly for Him.  The pastor used the analogy that we are all little drops of water in this ocean of a culture, but when many come together we can make a wave... and not walk around disgruntled about this present world, but do right, have mercy, and walk humbly.  

    Micah 6:8  "No, O people, the Lord has told you 
                        what is good, 
                    and this is what he requires of you: 
                to do what is right, to love mercy, 
                   and to walk humbly with your God."
                                       ~New Living Translation
May we shine like lights in this world today and remember we have Jesus on our side. Besides as one once reminded me we know the ending!

I found this quote interesting...

God is, even though the whole world deny him. Truth stands, even if there be no public support. It is self-sustained. Mohandas Gandhi 

Comments

Popular Posts