Recipes










French toast anyone?

I REALLY like french toast.  I love to slather it with peanut butter, syrup, and dust it with powdered sugar.  Next to every plate should be a cup of hot coffee and strawberries.  So I thought I would share my recipe.  When I make this it goes really fast so I would advise making at least a double batch.
2 eggs slightly beaten
2/3 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Dash {or lots} nutmeg & cinnamon
1 teaspoon powdered sugar
2 tablespoons butter
French bread, sliced sort of thick {I even use day old bread and it is really yummy}

Peanut butter
Powdered sugar
Maple syrup

Mix egg, milk, spices and sugar in shallow pan.  Preheat skillet add butter.  Dip both sides of bread into egg mixture then place in hot skillet.  Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until bread is nicely browned.  Slather with peanut butter, maple syrup, and dust with powdered sugar.  Remember you can also freeze this and make another time for an easy breakfast.

In other news I am still trying to meet my May monthly goals... I have been hitting the gym and today laid by the pool reading {it is 90 outside today} and I'm building my summer base.  I will finish "Going Rogue" by Sarah Palin this evening before going to bed.  I think I started reading it back in October... golly jeepers have I been busy.
Speaking of reading... I ran across these old pictures of the boys reading one Saturday morning.  It is a good reminder that we as parents can be the catalysts in our children's lives and encourage them to read instead of watching TV and playing video games.  This website gives statistics on what happens when we lack the skills of reading and comprehension.  It is shocking to me!  http://www.readfaster.com/education_stats.asp#readingstatistics
If your kids told you they didn't like brushing their teeth... you would tell them too bad... do it anyway... because it's good for you!  So is reading for the brain!











Comments

Popular Posts