New House Old House

I just found my blog again after years...I have reconnected and I'm excited to say that we have moved again, had another remodel, and another baby. SHE's almost three, but I'll get to that later. I saw this old post that I never published and thought I'd show you what snagged us and why I disappeared for five years.

We moved and I'm really sorry to say that my pictures are not the greatest!  I did finally by a camera though after nearly eight months without one... I was trying to save money, I guess.  
Anyway, we moved not far from where we lived before and are (were) enjoying all the space.  We found a renter for our condo (we sold it) to which Lucas said, "what a blessing mom" what soothing words to my soul.  It's in moments like that, I think okay maybe he's going to turn out just fine!(He is) 
So, without further ado I give you the Mayflower! I still have to upload current photos where we have bed frames and pictures.  

Here are the before and after photos. Sorry for not cropping the screen shots that I took off the realtor link when we sold it. It was hard to leave behind such a great house, but we did...


All of us waving goodbye one last time. Reef, was actually so sad.




The kitchen when we bought it was a mix of almond and white appliances. We had peachy/orange cabinets that looked like they had just been painted. The house was an ugly khaki color that I didn't like, but again it was just painted by the bank (it was a foreclosure we bought it in October of 2012). So we lived in it and slowly replaced the appliances one by one. Thank you, mom for getting that ball rolling! Then of course like a snowball it picked up speed and I had freshly painted only months before we listed and sold. It was on the market for less than a week and we had multiple offers over the asking price. It was amazing to sell it so fast.


I painted the interior of the house and sanded the kitchen/bathroom/hall cabinets and painted those too. That was a big job!




Reef's room that became Isabella's room.
Master bedroom added a fan and curtains...





We planted three new queen palms, changed the gravel, and removed the river rock in the backyard. Lucas, also laid the paver stones in front of the fireplace and we brought the citrus trees behind the ramada back to life that were so badly neglected. I wish I had some better pictures, but I don't feel like digging.





Comments

Popular Posts